Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i transfer my applications from iphone to itunes, using iOS 9.0.2

how can i transfer my applications from iphone to itunes, using iOS 9.0.2 in my phone

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:35 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 6:48 AM in response to Limnos

https://developer.apple.com/library/watchos/documentation/IDEs/Conceptual/AppDis tributionGuide/AppThinning/AppThinning.html - iOS9 App Thinning > "Slicing is the process of creating and delivering variants of the app bundle for different target devices. A variant contains only the executable architecture and resources that are needed for the target device." ... "The App Store will create and deliver different variants based on the devices your app supports." In order to make apps smaller with iOS9 they are being customized for the specific hardware on which they are to be used. For example the variant of an app downloaded for a retina iPad may not be suitable for a non-retina iPhone. You transferring from an iPad to a computer to an iPhone may result in the wrong version being used and Apple now has it that transfers must be direct from the Store to the device to ensure the correct version is delivered.

Oct 9, 2015 11:25 AM in response to 9465600000

The "new improved way" to make sure your iTunes library has the same app

versions as your device:

1. Open iTunes.

2. Select the Apps pane.

3. Select Updates.

4. Download the updates to iTunes.

5. Connect your device to your computer.

6. Wait for backup and download of Apps to the iPhone to complete.

The alternative "improved method" is to download app update/purchases to the iDevice

and also open iTunes and do the update within it as well (Download app twice!!).

Isn't this sooooo much easier than simply download to the iDevice and then

have the apps backup to iTunes when syncing!!!!!

how can i transfer my applications from iphone to itunes, using iOS 9.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.