Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i keep being asked to sign in and then being told my account not verified

I keep being asked to sign in and then being told my account is not verified and to go to settings to continue to signing in at settings.When I go to setting is tells me my Apple ID is locked for security reasons and to unlock I must verify my identity but direct me to a 'Forgot Apple ID or Password' which I know is already correct and asks me to set up a new password. if I do this the sequence will continue and I will be asked to do this whole process again and again and again.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:26 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 3:28 AM in response to gutsum

I contacted Apple support yesterday and the told me to completely delete iTunes from my computer in a particular order and reinstall the latest version from the iTunes website and it seems to have worked so far. This is what they sent me ....

Remove iTunes as well as its related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects.

Oct 10, 2015 3:55 AM in response to brucefromloughborogh

it looks like i have solved the problem myself....

the main reason is the account inside "Setting" -> "App and iTunes Stores" was using another one..

the account inside "App and iTunes Stores" was locked hence the error pop up again and again.

I am using account A in app store and iCloud...while account B in "App and iTunes Stores", which makes me think that account A has problem but actually it is account B.

please check consistency between app store, iCloud and "App and iTunes Stores" in "settings"

i keep being asked to sign in and then being told my account not verified

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.