Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iPad 2 running on iOS 9 any good?

I Have an iPad2 currently running iOS 6.1.3 . It runs smooth as butter without any problems at all. The only hitch is that FaceTime is n deactivated by apple in this version. Can anyone advise me if it is really worthwhile updating to iOS9 ? Will it run as smoothly in iOS9 ? I can live without FaceTime in 6.1.3. Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:50 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 1:06 AM in response to ggggggggg

There are minimum specifications for using the iOS 9 on various iDevices, so be sure

to check that system information to help determine everything involved in an upgrade

when a totally new iOS is considered.

Is the computer you have, running a fairly recent OS? If not, you should be aware that

once you upgrade the other items usually require an update or upgrade to match...

You may choose to stay with the older iOS for the older hardware until further research

is done to see what is required for the unit to work; also, since to revert to an older iOS

for the most part has been shown to be difficult or impossible, research is recommended.

Perhaps if you provided other missing information, about what you're using this iPad 2

with, and the OS version of that product, the larger picture would yield a better answer.

Information in your ASC profile indicates the hardware may be too old to upgrade iOS.

{Does your Mini still run Snow Leopard 10.6.x? Do you still have an old iPod Touch?}

In any event...

Good luck in this matter! 🙂

Is iPad 2 running on iOS 9 any good?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.