Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-download an iTunes Movie Rental

The other night I rented a movie from iTunes and the movie subsequently started downloading. I decided to watch the news while the rental downloaded. While watching the news a prompt popped up saying the movie could not be downloaded and would I like to download again, or at least words to that affect. Unfortunately I dismissed the prompt thinking I could sort it out after I finish watching the news. However, when I later returned to the Videos app I could see the movie there, but the play button was greyed out. As I could not play the movie I decided to delete it and was prompted with the message that upon deleting the movie I would have to rent it again to download/watch it (obviously I am paraphrasing).

Anyway, tonight I stumbled across how to re-download the movie without having to pay again to rent it.

All you need to do is to go through the motions of renting it again and eventually (after you enter you password I believe) a prompt will appear saying you have already rented the movie, but have not downloaded it and to check the Downloads "tab" (paraphrasing again). I was a bit perplexed because I thought there is no Downloads tab, just a Purchased tab, but then I realised the movie had automatically started to download and as such the Downloads tab was displayed.

Anyway, I hope the above is clear and of help to somebody.

NB: The above was done on my 4th-gen iPad running iOS 9.0.1

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 9.0.1, (the iPad before the iPad Air)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:53 AM

There are no replies.

Re-download an iTunes Movie Rental

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.