Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pictures folder not there?

Hi I have an iMac that is running OSX Mavericks - problem is although I can see my photos in iPhoto I cannot see where they physically are - when I have looked at articles it always shows a 'pictures' folder in finder - but I do not have one of these nor can I recall seeing one. Can someone tell me where I can find this folder or where my pictures physically are! Thank you 🙂

User uploaded file

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:52 AM

Finder menu->Preferences->Sidebar: check <yourname> folder (Home Folder, with the house icon).

Then in Finder select the sidebar, select the HomeFolder, one of the folders on the right side is called Pictures. That's it.

Since I need that folder often, I dragged the Pictures folder onto the sidebar: it will set an alias there: now you can select the Pictures folder directly from there.

Lex

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 12:52 AM in response to Sandra N

Finder menu->Preferences->Sidebar: check <yourname> folder (Home Folder, with the house icon).

Then in Finder select the sidebar, select the HomeFolder, one of the folders on the right side is called Pictures. That's it.

Since I need that folder often, I dragged the Pictures folder onto the sidebar: it will set an alias there: now you can select the Pictures folder directly from there.

Lex

Pictures folder not there?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.