Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4 finger slide gesture to the right Widget Window! Where is it? Using El Capitan!!

Hi people,

Really need your help. On my MacBook on OS X Yosemite I was able to slide to the desktop on the left where you can add widgets like notes, calculator, weather, and, bunch of other stuff, by doing a four finger gesture to the right.

However, since I have updated to OS X El Capitan I can't get to that desktop and those widgets are really helpful throughout the day. I have tried many ways but cant find it.

This is my first time writing in Apple Support Communities so I hope I the help I want I get here. Because I really need your help.

Thank you.

MacBook Air, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Previous OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:01 PM

I don’t use widgets but I just turned the Dashboard back one to test and I got to it with no problem.

1. In preferences go to the Mission Control tab
  2. make sure that Dashboard is turned on and set as a space
  3. Displays have separate spaces should be check-marked
  4. Go to the trackpad tab and set swipe between fullscreen applications to 4 finger right or left

That should do it

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 3:01 PM in response to Waleed Rj

I don’t use widgets but I just turned the Dashboard back one to test and I got to it with no problem.

1. In preferences go to the Mission Control tab
  2. make sure that Dashboard is turned on and set as a space
  3. Displays have separate spaces should be check-marked
  4. Go to the trackpad tab and set swipe between fullscreen applications to 4 finger right or left

That should do it

4 finger slide gesture to the right Widget Window! Where is it? Using El Capitan!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.