Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can I update my iPad to IOS 9.02 without using iTunes?

Tried to update using iTunes on my (Vista) PC, twice, failed .

Once, apparently the connection timed out (Cue Victor Meldrew, I don't believe it )

Second time, I'm told "there was a problem" this was during the install.

I have a sneaky feeling that the existence of the IOS 9.02 File on the iPad which has taken the last Gigabyte of my storage might be causing the problem for iTunes when installing.

Hence the question: can I update from that file?

If I can, is there any benefit in leaving the iPad connected to my PC during the update?

I really need a quick response as I'm sat here with the pad connected to my PC and don't know what to do next!

HELP! 😕

Also, I can't "Tag" the question with any meaningful label since there is only limited choice!

Windows Vista

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:32 AM

IF you are saying the iOS 9.0.2 is already on the iPad, and can be seen in the Storage Settings, then just install the update on the iPad. You don't need iTunes in order to finish the update. If the device's storage is maxed out, you will need remove some content in the iPad in order to complete the update.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 4:32 AM in response to SydSnott

IF you are saying the iOS 9.0.2 is already on the iPad, and can be seen in the Storage Settings, then just install the update on the iPad. You don't need iTunes in order to finish the update. If the device's storage is maxed out, you will need remove some content in the iPad in order to complete the update.

can I update my iPad to IOS 9.02 without using iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.