Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement after floods?

Hello,

Anyone know if Apple will replace a phone that was lost during the south Carolina floods? It's floating somewhere ..just looking into my options ..looks like I'm going to have to go Android for right now..

Out of warranty.. I phone 5s..paid the fee through carrier when purchased but they said it is not eligible.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:30 AM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2015 6:22 AM in response to Mirathomp

Mirathomp wrote:

Hello,

Anyone know if Apple will replace a phone that was lost during the south Carolina floods? It's floating somewhere ..just looking into my options ..looks like I'm going to have to go Android for right now..

Out of warranty.. I phone 5s..paid the fee through carrier when purchased but they said it is not eligible.

The out of warranty replacement program normally requires you turn in a physically intact device for exchangs. You'd have to contact Apple to know if there are any exceptions for extraordinary situations. Definiately check out your home owners or rental coverage though. I know I have a "catastrophic total loss" clause in mine that would pretty much cover anything and everything I personally own in my own dwelling.

Oct 9, 2015 6:52 AM in response to Mirathomp

Mirathomp wrote:

Hello,

Most carrier insurance has an "act of god" clause which allows them to deny coverage.

Apple's out of warranty exchange program generally requires you to turn in the iPhone that is "broken"

Hopefully homeowners will cover it when they cover other things lost/damaged

Sorry you're going through this. My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected.

Replacement after floods?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.