Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Support Community Overly Complicated

This area used to be rather intuitive, but now it's a total mess. Maybe those coders should take a step back and simplify this interface.

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:41 AM

11 replies

Oct 9, 2015 7:01 AM in response to Rich Hayhurst

It certainly is "different" - but it seems pretty consistent with other modern "community" sites running JiveSoftware - it does have Apple's design stamp on it!

Check out what some of us find helpful:

My big three:

1. email notifications
  2. Browser Bookmarks of forum pages (make them after navigating to them from tt2's SITEMAP)
  3. Google SITE Search [replace the search term if you use these as bookmarks]
    1. search site:support.apple.com - Google Search
    2. search site:discussions.apple.com - Google Search
    3. help site:help.apple.com - Google Search

Oct 9, 2015 11:09 AM in response to ChitlinsCC

I really don't care what software it's running or feel like I need to 'study up' on how to use the site. Maybe when I'm fully retired that might be of interest. But for now, I prefer the old INTUITIVE model, something less 'hip' maybe but one can navigate w/o reading a manual and the clearly written headings and drop down menus are all of the navigation one needs. Boo Apple.

Oct 9, 2015 11:28 AM in response to Rich Hayhurst

Rich

You would have fit right in in May-June 2014 when the change was made - tt2's SITEMAP had existed before (I believe) but the other two User Tips were developed by some of us to "make the most of a bad situation".

If you take a little time to check out the User Tips & adopt a new WorkFlow - if you are like me, you get used to the new WorkFlow

At the beginning of tt2's SITEMAP are what I fondly refer to as "tt2's Magic Twangers" = very helpful

- if you add one more Trick to the mix, you can make the layout much better for computer screens > Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages

a ready made Stylish "style" has not made its way into the User Tip (same code as in the tip, just easy to install)
Adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages - Themes and Skins for Apple - userstyles.org

Apple Support Community Overly Complicated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.