Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Pro disable

SO I need some help ... My ex hacked into my iCloud and erased my iPad and locked my mac.... I have my iPad back in order but my mac pro says its disable I've tried everything .... I'm so frustrated ... How can I unlock or enable .... I have the correct passwords so I think

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:31 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 3:52 AM in response to luisito52

Can you boot into Internet Recovery? Is it a Mac Pro (desktop) or a Macbook Pro (laptop)? Can you confirm the year/model?

You can use OS X Recovery - OS X: About OS X Recovery - Apple Support .

If FileVault was enabled then you will need to visit the nearest Apple Store, if the key was stored with Apple.

Please also see

OS X El Capitan: FileVault recovery key

OS X Yosemite: FileVault recovery key

As a further precaution, you can store your recovery key with Apple. When you choose this option, you pick three security questions. If you forget your recovery key, you can contact Apple Support, provide the answers to these questions, and retrieve your recovery key. For more information, see My Apple ID website.

One option you may want to consider, as the worst case scenario, replace the internal HDD. If a firmware password was set, please see If you lost or forgot your firmware password - Apple Support

Only Apple Retail Stores or Apple Authorized Service Providers can unlock computers protected by a firmware password.

If you can't remember the firmware password for your Mac, schedule a service appointment with an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. Bring your proof of purchase (original receipt or invoice) with you. If you plan to visit an Apple Retail Store, make a reservation (available only in some countries).

Mac Pro disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.