Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband won't save

I opened garageband this morning to write down a song that came to me, and it wouldn't let me save or save as. It didn't give any "failure to save" error messages, it just looked like it was saving and then the icon never stopped being transparent. And when I click save as nothing happens, no window pops up. When I selected new project and asked me if I wanted to save before closing, it didn't save (but thankfully didn't close either), and I could export the song to itunes so I at least have the melody and chords for future reference, but I don't know what's going on. Any idea why this is happening?

GarageBand 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), null

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 5:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2016 3:42 AM

The same thing just happened to me except it isn't letting me export it either.. Im puzzled and stuck. Literally finished this project Im working on, and now there's a possibility of me losing all my work.

Please help.

1 reply

Garageband won't save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.