Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

create icon that shows on favorites page in safari

I dunno if this is right place to find answer but I have found nothing. So in safari, when I open new tab or window it shows all my favorites, some of them have icons and some of them have just a letter. How do I make it so that my website will have an icon? I assume it's something simple like when creating icons that show up when saving a website to home screen on like iPhone, but I can't figure it out.

MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:07 AM

4 replies

Oct 9, 2015 7:33 AM in response to runnercto

So I added:

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="57x57" href="images/photos/apple-icon-57x57.png" />

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="72x72" href="images/photos/apple-icon-72x72.png" />

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="114x114" href="images/photos/apple-icon-114x114.png" />

<link rel="apple-touch-icon" sizes="144x144" href="images/photos/apple-icon-144x144.png" />

between </html> and <head> for the iOS icon but then i deleted and readded bookmark in safari and now it's there!

create icon that shows on favorites page in safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.