Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

had to reinstall fcp6 on my new macbook (yosemite) but now can't upgrade to fop 7 - i get message 'your computer does not need this upgrade'. Any solution from anyone with the same problem? (have moved to Premiere but still need to legacy projects)

Hi

Having finally got a new MacBook Pro (yosemite) and installed all fcp6 studio dvds I know need to upgrade to FCP 7.

Ive found the link but when it installs it says it can't as 'your computer does not need this upgrade'(!)

I've moved to Premiere as Apple really dropped the ball for Pro Users of FCP7 but I still need access to legacy FCP projects.

Any ideas? Anyone had this problem too?

Cheers

Russ

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), yosemite 10.10

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:08 AM

6 replies

had to reinstall fcp6 on my new macbook (yosemite) but now can't upgrade to fop 7 - i get message 'your computer does not need this upgrade'. Any solution from anyone with the same problem? (have moved to Premiere but still need to legacy projects)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.