Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Who's Responsibility?

If the Apple machine gets submitted to Apple Authorised Service Centre for repair and the Apple Authorised service centre damages the machine in repair process and dares to return the same damaged machine to customer? And Apple Customer care phone assistance refuses to correct the damages caused, saying it is cosmetic part.

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:40 AM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2015 7:53 AM in response to NiyamM

Cosmetic damages are not covered (that is in the warranty terms); however, I take pictures of my machine before turning it in and I make sure I agree with what the technician notes on the repair order as far as the condition is concerned and they usually note any cosmetic damage. I had a similar case with an older Macbook once; after I submitted my pictures and a copy of the repair order showing the condition, there was no problem and Apple took care of it. Without evidence, it is difficult to prove the condition before giving it to the repair tech. Did you see if he noted anything when you took it in?

Oct 9, 2015 7:53 AM in response to NiyamM

If you can provide proof that the AASP damaged the machine in the form of photos or other documentation then be ready to submit that, however if you don't have anything then it's a he said - she said issue. What you can also do is call AppleCare and request the phone number for the customer advocate in your area. These advocates are not AppleCare people, they tend to help with issues similar to yours

Oct 11, 2015 3:57 AM in response to rkaufmann87

thanks for the suggestion rkaufmann87.

The proof of the damages have been already submitted to Apple and now Apple is asking me to go back to the same AASP who damaged the machine to get it rectified and that is also not confirmed by any authorised order or case response. No one is replying with confirmed assurance of the service. Any ways... thanks again for suggestion...

It is now same case as he said - she said on all phone conversations with Apple customer care and AASP agents...

Oct 11, 2015 4:11 AM in response to babowa

Hi babowa..

Thanks for the reply..

at the first time when I received the damaged machine from AASP, I have immediately raised the complaint and sent the pictures to Apple Customer care executive. And at the second repair for the same reason (stand hinges not working) the AASP mentioned the damages in the service report and they have also submitted the photographs to Apple on their behalf. Now the case is just hanging in between AASP who damaged the machine the existing AASP I went to and Apple customer care... No one is reverting with final solution... An I have been asked to go back to the same AASP who seems very careless and already damaged my machine to get it rectified..

Thanks again for your reply...

Who's Responsibility?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.