Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom lag

hi all,

Fairly new to FCP X so please be gentle if this is an old chestnut.

I have 10.2.2 running nicely on my I7 27" late 2013 iMAC with 32GB memory and the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB Graphics option and a 3TB Fusion Drive. When my journey into the world of FCP X began in January this year I bought a WACOM Intuos Pro medium pen tablet model PTH-651K. Joy and harmony existed between the two until last week when the lag on anything being dragged into the timeline suddenly became massive and unworkable. There is no appreciable lag when I use the trackpad but, of course, I need the tablet to work properly. I am on the latest driver for the Wacom (63 15-1) and have rolled back to two older drivers without success. I followed the Wacom procedure to ensure all previous driver files were removed first before changing drivers. Wacom have been notified of this but don't yet have an answer. I am hoping someone on here can help. For info I get a similar problem with Photoshop CC2015 on the Camera Raw sliders but this is workable if I just slide S L O W L Y. I believe there is an Adobe solution to this involving a back to factory startup option for Photoshop. I haven't tried this yet as it is not a major issue right now and I need a bit more research to ensure I don't screw up anything during that process.

Thanks,

Eddie

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 8:08 AM

Just a quick note to let everyone know I finally solved this (and Photoshop) lag problem. When you use a Tablet, the App/Program "Ink" appears in "Settings". If you activate the Handwriting recognition option the lag appears as I described in my original post on both FCPX and PS 2015CC Raw Filter sliders. Unticking this option causes everything to return to normal! I tried several times and it worked each time. As a small addendum, I had been having problems dragging photos from either Finder or Adobe bridge into Applications such as Keynote. The icon for the dragged photo just stayed on the screen (even when swiping across full-screen open programs). It only went away when I swiped up to reveal open programs but then it MOVED the file to Desktop. Took me a while to suss this and I thought I had lost several files. Switching the handwriting to off as above also solved this problem.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2015 8:08 AM in response to Advanced Aerial Media

Just a quick note to let everyone know I finally solved this (and Photoshop) lag problem. When you use a Tablet, the App/Program "Ink" appears in "Settings". If you activate the Handwriting recognition option the lag appears as I described in my original post on both FCPX and PS 2015CC Raw Filter sliders. Unticking this option causes everything to return to normal! I tried several times and it worked each time. As a small addendum, I had been having problems dragging photos from either Finder or Adobe bridge into Applications such as Keynote. The icon for the dragged photo just stayed on the screen (even when swiping across full-screen open programs). It only went away when I swiped up to reveal open programs but then it MOVED the file to Desktop. Took me a while to suss this and I thought I had lost several files. Switching the handwriting to off as above also solved this problem.

Wacom lag

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.