Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX El Capitan and Server network problems

Hello, I have install OS X El Capitan, installed Server and setup a fresh Profile Manager and OpenDirectory server. I download my Apps from the iTunes store, all working as normal. I then upload the apps to the Profile Manager, they all upload, but it also totally kills ALL external network connectivity. Cannot even ping anything. It lets me upload more Apps via Safari on the actual Server, but still NO network connectivity at all. Then only way to fix this is to restart it, and of course this is terrible when you want to ARD into the box. Is this just me or is this a pretty bag bug?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11), 27"

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 5:50 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 11:33 AM in response to alicantemacman

Can you ping local or remote hosts by IP address? You can try pinging the Google DNS servers at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 addresses, and see if those work, for instance. If those addresses do work, then local DNS services are a good suspect — particularly if you're using a NAT'd network, check that your local DNS is configured correctly.

OSX El Capitan and Server network problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.