Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble setting up icloud for family

After using 4 iphones for my family all combined under one icloud account for many years, I realized it would be better to implement Apple's family sharing plan. So I went about creating a new icloud account for my 3 other family members and then attempted to convert their phone's icloud and itunes accounts to their new, unique icloud account under my family. This worked well for 2 out of 3 phones. One phone wouldn't let me access the icloud account. Every time I tap on the icloud user, it says something like: The account is in use elsewhere and tap to get a unique code to enter in to the other device but none of my other devices are allowing me to enter the code. Therefore, I cannot log the 3rd phone out of icloud.

Hopefully someone has seen this before and can help. I should've taken a screen shot of what it says and can do that tonight.

BTW, all phones have updated v9.0.2

TIA

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:26 AM

1 reply

Trouble setting up icloud for family

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.