Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Forms Trouble Safari

Safari was developing some loading issues, so I did a Time Machine reset of it recently. Since then, I can't use the TAB, ENTER, or DELETE keys while completing web forms. A few examples—I go to Wikipedia to look up something, type it in the search box, and hit ENTER. Safari then freezes up and I get a beach ball. Command-Option-Esc tells me that Safari Web Content is Not Responding. Another example, attempting to fill out a sweepstakes form—I put in my first name, then hit TAB to go to the last name field. As soon as I hit TAB, Safari freezes up and I get the beach ball. Or say I type my email address wrong in a "Contact Us" form. So I try to backspace with DELETE to fix it. As soon as I hit DELETE, Safari freezes up and there's a beach ball.

I'm running OS X Yosemite for those who will inevitably ask. Safari's problems before the Time Machine restore were completely different, and those have gone away. But what's it calling when I hit those keys in web forms that causes the whole program to hang?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2014), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:03 AM

There are no replies.

Web Forms Trouble Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.