Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9.2 problematic

I finally had to upgrade my phone from iPhone 3 to 6S. Took 3 days to get it to work correctly. Here's what I learned. If you get a new iPhone, you have to upgrade the software before doing ANYTHING else (except activation). I went through 2 other phones before the third--which worked. I love Apple products. I've used a Mac for 20 years. But this iOS 9.2 update caused me hours of time I could have been working. The folks at Apple "chatted" with me. (I had no phone) but AT&T came through for me. If only Apple had put a piece of paper in the box that read DO THIS FIRST!!! It was an Apple problem, but it takes a long time to get an appointment. If you know it's broken--fix it, Apple. Or at least warn people.

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:29 AM

Great input. Suggest it to Apple > http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html - be detailed like you were here - consider the following

The problem with an "insert" is that they can't go back and unseal then reseal the packaging! A great idea might be a STICKER on the outside - they could keep a stack at the Apple Retail Store counter or at the fulfillment center before packing it up.

glad you're cookin'

ÇÇÇ

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 9:29 AM in response to maggiej88

Great input. Suggest it to Apple > http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html - be detailed like you were here - consider the following

The problem with an "insert" is that they can't go back and unseal then reseal the packaging! A great idea might be a STICKER on the outside - they could keep a stack at the Apple Retail Store counter or at the fulfillment center before packing it up.

glad you're cookin'

ÇÇÇ

Oct 9, 2015 9:31 AM in response to maggiej88

maggiej88 wrote:

I finally had to upgrade my phone from iPhone 3 to 6S. Took 3 days to get it to work correctly. Here's what I learned. If you get a new iPhone, you have to upgrade the software before doing ANYTHING else (except activation). I went through 2 other phones before the third--which worked. I love Apple products. I've used a Mac for 20 years. But this iOS 9.2 update caused me hours of time I could have been working. The folks at Apple "chatted" with me. (I had no phone) but AT&T came through for me. If only Apple had put a piece of paper in the box that read DO THIS FIRST!!! It was an Apple problem, but it takes a long time to get an appointment. If you know it's broken--fix it, Apple. Or at least warn people.

There is no IOS 9.2, what did you actually install?

Oct 9, 2015 11:18 AM in response to maggiej88

maggiej88 wrote:

Here's what I learned. If you get a new iPhone, you have to upgrade the software before doing ANYTHING else (except activation).

Why? I have friends who have never updated the iOs on the purchased phone as they are more than happy with it or else read nonsense from the doomsayers here about the incredible damage an update can do. My personal favourite is SelfieStick-Gate

Cheers

Pete

Oct 9, 2015 12:57 PM in response to petermac87

petermac87 wrote:

maggiej88 wrote:

Here's what I learned. If you get a new iPhone, you have to upgrade the software before doing ANYTHING else (except activation).

Why? I have friends who have never updated the iOs on the purchased phone as they are more than happy with it or else read nonsense from the doomsayers here about the incredible damage an update can do. My personal favourite is SelfieStick-Gate

Cheers

Pete

Please, please tell me people haven't really started calling something "selfistick-gate". I may go mad.

iOS 9.2 problematic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.