Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create discs using i Movie and Apple USB superdrive which can be played onTV players/recorders?

How can I create discs using iMovie and Apple USB superdrive which can be played on TV player/recorders ?

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), Apple USB Superdrive

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:20 AM

1 reply

Nov 11, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Community User

I have solved this problem by purchasing the iSkysoft DVD creator App. which burns discs which can be played on TV players.

But it will only accept files which also have an audio recording. So I have to load the files into iMovie and add an audio track from iTunes (which I trim to half a second0 and then transfer this to iSkysoft.

Hope this might help other cine film enthusiasts.

G Adams

How can I create discs using i Movie and Apple USB superdrive which can be played onTV players/recorders?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.