Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Store Podcast Feed Error

My feed validates fine, I can't figure out why iTunes is rejecting it.

http://reconstructionistradio.com/feed/podcast/

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:19 AM

I can't see any obvious technical reason for this. The only objection FeedValidator raises is irrelevant, the feed looks OK (not that I've perused it line by line) and the media file I checked seemed to be OK as was the image.

The top episode (which is what they will check) begins with an extract from the Dvorak New World Symphony in what I assume is a commercially issued CD, so it's quite possible that they have objected to this on the grounds of its being a breach of copyright. Really you should only be using copyright free recordings, or those you own the copyright of or have written permission to use. I think you best bet would be to try submitting it with the music removed, at least from the top episode, and see what happens. If it is accepted then that would seem to be the reason and you may want to consider whether you should remove any music there may be from other episodes.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 8:19 AM in response to elohimito

I can't see any obvious technical reason for this. The only objection FeedValidator raises is irrelevant, the feed looks OK (not that I've perused it line by line) and the media file I checked seemed to be OK as was the image.

The top episode (which is what they will check) begins with an extract from the Dvorak New World Symphony in what I assume is a commercially issued CD, so it's quite possible that they have objected to this on the grounds of its being a breach of copyright. Really you should only be using copyright free recordings, or those you own the copyright of or have written permission to use. I think you best bet would be to try submitting it with the music removed, at least from the top episode, and see what happens. If it is accepted then that would seem to be the reason and you may want to consider whether you should remove any music there may be from other episodes.

Oct 9, 2015 8:53 AM in response to elohimito

You should mention that the music is copyright-free in the main description (where currently you say 'Theology for your ears' as you can't expect the Store staff to know it's copyright-free just by listening to it. In any case you are obliged under the terms of the Creative Commons licence applicable to this recording, to give 'appropriate credit and a link to the licence' - please see

https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/

which is linked to by the page containing the music in question.

iTunes Store Podcast Feed Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.