Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S Plus screen blemish bottom left corner

I noticed a small screen blemish on my new iPhone 6S on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. Its like a little grey spot not at the corner but a mm or two above the left hand corner on the side of the phone. It's only noticeable on a white background and particularly when scrolling through the calendar app or contacts in the messages app, or the new apple news app.

I went to the apple store last night and got it switched out for a new one, but I noticed that the new iPhone they gave me also had the same problem (luckily the phone they gave me had the TMC chip though 🙂). I looked at my co-worker's iPhone 6S Plus this morning and noticed her's had it too. My other co-worker with a 6 Plus didn't seem to have the same issue.

I wanted to see if anyone else had noticed this screen blemish on their new 6S Plus.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:16 AM

5 replies

Oct 11, 2015 4:13 AM in response to Railhawk52

Mine had it. It was very noticeable, I noticed it when scrolling on a forum website. So I took it back and the replacement I was given also had it but its hardly visible and if I hadn't seen the problem on my initial phone I would never have noticed it on this one. I'm currently contemplating whether to return my iPhone or whether I can overlook this blemish.

also I think it's caused by something inside the phone? Possibly applying pressure at that area. I would love to know what is the actual cause and whether there's a quick fix.

my phones have been TSMC chips. Is this issue isolated to phones with TSMC chips?

Nov 19, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Railhawk52

Mine have it too. And when I went to Apple Store to speak about the trouble, first I decided to have a look on demo units: every single demo unit has the blemish, no matter if they was silver, pink or whatever. So I leaved the store with my unit because I can live with this trouble. Of course, I'll wait a year or so until Apple recalls all defective units for screen replacement, lately, as usual...

iPhone 6S Plus screen blemish bottom left corner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.