Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it better to repair iphone 6 broken display or replace the phone?

I recently broke my iphone 6 display.....A class fell on my iphone 6 and it broke my display completely.

The glass fell on the side of phone and the frame had a little damage and put crack on display.

I am thinking whether replacing the display will work or is it better to replace the phone. The cost for display replacement is only $109 and for replacing the phone it is $385.

Will the side frame be replaced as part of display replacement?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:40 AM

The entire case is one single milled block of aluminum, so the sides are not separate. Apple will tell you what is needed when you take it in for evaluation. So just make the appointment to take it in and let them tell you what your options are.

4 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:41 AM in response to basilabraham

basilabraham wrote:

Just to understand, do we really have an option to replace the metal frame?

Your options will be to have just the display replaced if Apple determines that is sufficient. Or, if they determine that they cannot just replace the display, you'd have the option of an out of warranty replacement. There's nothing intermediate between those two repair options.

Is it better to repair iphone 6 broken display or replace the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.