Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change to multicast network

Using an App to control home theatre system and it keep popping a window saying I need to change to a multicast network. How do I do this?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:50 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 4:42 PM in response to DonD5261

That is a pure modem.. although it is one that apple routers can have issues with.. if you have dropouts from WAN side in the future you should look at that.

What model is your router.. I presume you have an airport extreme or express or Time Capsule??

If not .. you will need to look at the manual.. but any later version airport router has multicast turned on by default.

If you do not know which model you have open your airport utility and hold the option key while double clicking the icon of the airport router.. you will get the summary page with model and you can post the screenshot here.

eg.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

When I check the new TC I find multicast is turned on by default.

User uploaded file

Multicast is not available even in the v6 airport utility because it is always turned on.

how to change to multicast network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.