Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Accidentally recorded whole podcast as a series of 400 takes! Help!

Hey,

I recorded our whole, hour-long podcast as a series of 396 takes. (Nightmare!)

I'm having a lot of trouble lining up all the takes in a row (it's a long, memory-intensive process).

Is there a way I can view all my takes? Is there an automated way that I can line up all my takes? Is there a way I can export all my takes?

Please help!

Many thanks,

jcvil

GarageBand 10, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:19 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 12:18 PM in response to jcvil

I don't know who your layout looks like and what you want to achieve, but your options are very limited in GarageBand. All those options like lining up, export Audio Files, etc are only available in Logic Pro X.

What do you mean with "view all my takes"?

When moving Regions manually on the Track Lane, at least enable "Alignment Guides" (opt+cmd+G), and disable "Snap to Grid", which makes it a little bit easier.

You can use the "Join Regions" command (cmd+J) if you want to merge the individual Audio Regions into one Region

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Accidentally recorded whole podcast as a series of 400 takes! Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.