Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mighty Mouse connected but not functioning

My Mighty Mouse with fresh batteries on my Macbook Pro in Yosemite OS X remains connected but not functional. Have reset bluetooth, turned mouse on and off, replaced batteries, etc. Suggestions, please?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:26 AM

8 replies

Oct 9, 2015 3:11 PM in response to seventy one

Thank you. Yes, I have checked the light, cleaned it and replaced the batteries numerous times. According to Bluetooth the connection is maintained (by mouse and keyboard) but the function is lost. This happens consistently after the system has gone to sleep and I wake it. The full size bluetooth keyboard also an oldie seems to respond to the wake up fine, for the most part. The mouse on the other hand requires going thru all the machinations of waking and resetting, even then it takes it own sweet time doing so.

Oct 9, 2015 3:18 PM in response to Greekster1

Do you have a friend or relative with a computer that you could test your mouse with. It clearly works to a degree and that at least would clarify if the mouse was truly on its' last legs if the performance was similar. I must say I have been very lucky with mice; mine have worked perfectly over the years ... but I've also seen premature deaths in comments in these columns.

Mighty Mouse connected but not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.