Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I still use pages 4.3 on my Mac which is OSX Yosemite10.1.05

I use pages 4.3 because I prefer it over the new version, I am creating a yearbook with about 200 pages

I'm having a problem both on my iMac and my MacBook Pro,

1) it doesn't backup automatically

2) spinning wait cursor appears and it doesn't stop, forcing me to force quit, which means I lose all of my work

The latest addition of pages to me has been a step backwards, because it doesn't perform in the same way,

Good example of this is the two-page view.

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:16 AM

Pages '09 v4.3 works on both my Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan.

And yes it is far superior to Pages 5.5.3. The only thing I find better in Pages 5 are the drawing tools and once drawn I can use the Shapes in Pages '09.

Peter

7 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:24 AM in response to Lee New

The first thing that you do when you open Pages '09 v4.3 and choose your template — is File menu ▸ Save… and give it any name but Untitled.pages. Make certain that the triangle in that button adjacent to the Filename field in the Save panel is facing up for greater flexibility in saves.

Now, autosave is active, and so is the ability to use the File menu ▸ Revert To ▸ All Versions — that allows you to do content recovery from past edits. This is not the panic button if you have accidentally, or purposely deleted a file though. That is another reason to use Time Machine, and automatically backup to an external drive every hour too.

If you get a spinning beachball on opening a Pages document, quit that document, and then press and hold the shift key while you open that document again. Perform a save.

The Pages '09 User Guide links in the Pages '09 v4.3 Help menu have moved, and this invaluable guide is now located at this Apple location. This Apple landing page will have PDF downloads of:

The Pages '09 Keyboard Shortcuts is here. You may want to export this to PDF from Safari, as there is no telling when Apple may pull this content.

Can I still use pages 4.3 on my Mac which is OSX Yosemite10.1.05

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.