Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 4th gen is too old to install applications

My ipod touch is running ios 6.1.6 and its old to install applications e.g facebook is there any chance it could be updated to a newer firmware

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:42 AM

No. If desired, download the current versions of those applications to a computer or compatible iOS device, click here, and try following the instructions.

(134667)

4 replies

Oct 9, 2015 8:37 AM in response to kareemfromtrinidad

If you have an iPod touch 4th Gen, 6.1.6 is the highest it can go. Many apps keep a compatible version on the server for those with old iOS, but you have to try to download it for your purchase history. If it's a new app you have never downloaded, the trick is to use iTunes on the computer to get the app, then use your iOS device's purchase history to try and download a compatible version after that. I hope this helps.

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

My ipod touch 4th gen is too old to install applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.