Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get text to work with Volvo 900

I just purchased a Volvo 900. My iPhone connects via Bluetooth, and phone calls come through fine, however my texts are not coming through. The dealership reinstalled the software, and other peoples phones texting seems to work, but my iPhone's will not.

AMany suggestions?

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:18 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 9:20 AM in response to Tscarps

Tscarps wrote:

I just purchased a Volvo 900. My iPhone connects via Bluetooth, and phone calls come through fine, however my texts are not coming through. The dealership reinstalled the software, and other peoples phones texting seems to work, but my iPhone's will not.

AMany suggestions?

"(O)ther peoples phones texting seems to work". Are they also using iPhones? The iPhone Bluetooth profile supports MAP, which is the texting portion of the Bluetooth. While you say that Volvo reinstalled the software, I'm guessing that you are referring to the vehicle's software. What do they say about the vehicle supporting the iPhone on iOS 9.x?

Oct 9, 2015 9:37 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

Thanks for the reply.

YEs, the software I was referring to was the vehicle software. The tech at the dealership had an android phone, which worked. They didn't refer to iPhones not being able to work, but simply shrugged because they didn't have an answer to why it wasn't working.

Is there something I can adjust in settings to help?

Oct 9, 2015 11:44 AM in response to Tscarps

There are no settings in Bluetooth except to pair the device. After pairing, sometimes when tapping the ℹ at the end of the particular device, there are some minor settings, but I'm not aware of a particular settings in regards to MAP. While the Android phone may work, it is the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturer to report whether or not their vehicles have been tested with particular phones. They also receive beta copies of the software before release to test their vehicle systems. I would approach the Volvo dealership again and have them check with the manufacturer and see what they say about support.

How to get text to work with Volvo 900

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.