Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync contacts between devices

Is there a way to automatically sync new contacts that are made on your iPhone to be recognized on your mac? Currently whenever I make a new contact on my phone, they'll text me and it will show up on my mac as simply their number but without the name. It can be quite annoying to check your phone simply to see the name of the person who texted you so that you know how to phrase your response appropriately. Does anyone know a solution to this?

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:04 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 9:12 AM in response to Madhatter15

You can set your contacts to sync between your iPhone and Mac using a service such as iCloud or your primary email account.

First you want to make sure Contact syncing is enabled for iCloud or the account you choose. On the iPhone, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select the account you wish to use for syncing and ensure the Contacts option appears and is turned on. Do the same on the Mac in System Preference > Internet Accounts, ensure the Contacts option appears and is checked. Then you want to set the default account for new contacts. On the iPhone go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Contact Section > Default Account (If Default account does not appear between the "My Info" & "Contacts Found in Mail" then you only have one syncing account enabled and it is automatically the default, so disregard this step on the iPhone.) On the Mac, open the Contacts App, then from the Menu bar, go to Contacts > Preferences > General Tab > Default Account (If Default account does not appear below "Address Format" then you only have one syncing account enabled and it is automatically the default, so disregard this step on the Mac.) Your newly added contacts should now sync between your Mac & iPhone (both ways).

Sync contacts between devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.