Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can`t open my websites - Safari

When I am using Safari on my Mac it won`t open my regular pages like Google, YouTube, Gmail, Twitter and Instagram.

Then there comes the usual page where it says that it can't open the page.

I have tried to go on Google on my phone in Safari and that works. I tried to turn on and off the Internet, reinstall Safari and using Google Chrome.

Nothing works, if you know what I can do please respond. I am a full-time student and web designer so I need those sides to work ASAP.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:49 AM

Hi! If you have problems opening webpages, take a look at these troubleshooting techniques suggested by Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

Go to Safari menu (At the very top right side of your screen next to Apple icon), choose "Quit Safari"

press "Shift" button and while holding this button on your keyboard single click on the Safari icon on your Dock.

Open Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Remove All Website Data.

Open the Go menu with Option (Alt) key pressed - Library - locate Safari folder and move it to your desktop. Restart your Mac, open Safari and delete the folder from your desktop.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 8:49 AM in response to amalieaase16

Hi! If you have problems opening webpages, take a look at these troubleshooting techniques suggested by Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204098

Go to Safari menu (At the very top right side of your screen next to Apple icon), choose "Quit Safari"

press "Shift" button and while holding this button on your keyboard single click on the Safari icon on your Dock.

Open Safari - Preferences - Privacy - Remove All Website Data.

Open the Go menu with Option (Alt) key pressed - Library - locate Safari folder and move it to your desktop. Restart your Mac, open Safari and delete the folder from your desktop.

Can`t open my websites - Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.