Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone's noisereduction-gate continues...and nobody seems to notice it

Bad news to those who as myself were waiting for Apple to fix the noise reduction algorithm with the new iPhone 6s:

Take a look at her hair:

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4096340/iphone6splus_portrait .0.JPG

Now a normal phone with a normal noise reduction algorithm:

Galaxy 6 Edge

https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4096350/gs6edge__portrait.0.j pg

Full article with samples here: http://www.theverge.com/2015/9/25/9397055/best-smartphone-camera-test-iphone-6s- samsung-galaxy-lg

But the author must be as blind as Apple camera team if he says that there's no clear winner.

Time to switch to Android?...😢

I guess I'll wait for the iPhone 7...but I seriously doubt Apple ever fixes something they see as a "feature". 😠

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:09 AM

16 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:35 AM in response to atari68k

If no one cares, appending -gate to it is particularly stupid. Watergate was a pivotal event in the history of the U.S. in the 20th century. I'm beginning to think all this people saying "this-gate" or "that-gate" don't have any idea what it was, why it was significant and why a problem with a feature on a phone that affects a small number of people is just not in the same category.

Oct 9, 2015 11:05 AM in response to atari68k

atari68k wrote:

Time to switch to Android?...😢

😠

It amazes me how moving to Android is always used as a threat here. 😁 Given Android Security Flaw I can't see how they are a perfect substitute. If I was going to move I'd move to Windows.

Maybe you should move to Android if you cannot deal with such a minute feature of iOS. Or here is an idea. Buy a decent camera if it is so work critical. Cameras. Remember them?

Pete

Oct 10, 2015 11:12 AM in response to Lexiepex

Lol, my issue? Didn't you notice the pictures come from an external reviewer?

Also I recommend you to take a look at this: iPhone 6 poor picture quality

It's not an isolated issue, is just most people don't notice it cause:

1.- They don't want to admit Apple can do something wrong

2.- They won't notice the difference between a picture taken with a DSLR and a 40 bucks phone

Apple's tech service can't do anything, cause it's not a software/hardware failer.

<Edited by Host>

Oct 10, 2015 11:16 AM in response to petermac87

It's not a threat. All that I and all the people who cares about this issue (is not an issolated problem, every iPhone 6/6S has it) is what we had in our previous iPhones, a decent camera.

I can't believe my iPhone 4 takes so much better pictures in comparision.

I bought a 64 gb model just with the intention of using it as my main camera (since I really loved the iPhone 4 camera quality)...and found that the noise reduction algorithm ruins every photo I take.

I wouldn't need a "real" camera, if Apple made his job properly.

Oct 10, 2015 1:27 PM in response to atari68k

Wow.."Edited by host"...

Apple deleted the part about the noise reduction algorithm in which I explained why the image quality is so bad in post iPhone 5 mobiles....

I love my iPhone, I love MacOS X and I truly believe iPhone are the best cellular you can get, but that doesn't mean I must blindly believe they are perfect in every sense.

As for some of the replies...There are none so blind as those who will not see.

iPhone's noisereduction-gate continues...and nobody seems to notice it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.