Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MAC mini

Could you tell me if its possible that my mac is causing my tv tossup off and turn back on?

?

Mac mini (Mid 2010), iOS 8.4.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:54 AM

7 replies

Oct 10, 2015 6:16 AM in response to sassyv

If it is a surge protector, then everything connects directly to AC mains. Also read spec numbers on that protector. It must claim to provide 15 amps. If not, it must be removed immediately as dangerous. Meanwhile, each of those devices draws maybe one amp. No where near to what a strip might restrict.

Second, it does not sound like your TV is powering off. View its power indicator lights. Do they change? If not, no power off. However noise (ie from a MAC or connected peripherals) can cause a high definition digital signal to be temporarily lost. So a digital scree may go black due to no signal.

If noise is indeed the reason, then all actions and all replies changed. What every cable (not just AC power wires) connects to (even HDMI and coax) must be listed.

Is the protector actually a power controller - where power to one outlet powers on or off power to other outlets? Again, what do specification numbers say?

MAC mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.