Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor service to a valued customer

I was walking to pick my daughter up from school and got caught in heavy rain , when I got him I pulled my iPhone 6 out to be greeted by blank screen the phone wouldn't turn on . So I tried a restore on itunes and it failed, all through the process the phone remained lifeless I sent my iPhone of to be checked /repair today I receive an email to say they won't be fixing it and I will have to pay 190 something pounds for repair . Bearing in mind the phone is 3 months old with warenty infill 2016, I explained what happend and that I also suffer from bad depression and I rely on my phone for people to contact me and it gives me a sense of normality , the lad y then said that there is nothing they can do and that I should seek medical advice , I see a doctor regularly and take daily medication it felt as if she be littled me in a way , the phone was life its silly but it connects me to people I need I have a few Apple products and I feel as if they just push us away . I'm really disappointed with this Apple as a valued customer you could of helped me , if anyone knows how I could complain could you please let me know. Thanks

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:15 AM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 9:27 AM in response to shaun270

I'm sure they gave you a reason as to why it would need to be a paid service? Maybe your phone got wet in the rain? I understand you have issues just as many of us do, but how can you legitimately say that it's Apple's responsibility to fix your product that you damaged through your decisions? That's like dropping your device and getting mad that the screen is shattered. Think about who made the decision that ultimately landed the device inoperable. Owning devices comes with risk. if you buy a car and crash it are you going to get mad at the dealership for not giving you a new car? Just because you have issues and need the device doesn't mean anyone else is obligated to pay your way. Maybe there is a medical organization that will pay to fix your phone since it's a necessity in your life? Just and idea. Good luck.

Oct 9, 2015 9:33 AM in response to shaun270

You got your phone wet and Apple was willing to replace it at a huge discount. That seems like pretty good customer service.

Your health problems are not relevant to how Apple handles the issue.

This is a user-to-user technical support forum. Apple is not reading here. If you want to give feedback to Apple, use the feedback link:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Poor service to a valued customer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.