Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s slide to upgrade bug

Every thread I have seen is about how to fix it if you have already connected the device to iTunes. I just got this phone was going through the set up process decided to restore from an iCloud backup from my iPhone 4 that I traded in. The restore froze up too, saw a thread that said to do a reset so I did, which prompted it to respond and continue with the set up. Got to the part where it asks you to connect to wifi, I did and now its keeps saying on a white screen slide to upgrade over and over again on loop so i do and enter my password and after a few seconds of loading it does it again. Now before anyone says there are threads about this already all the threads say to connect the device to iTunes that you have previously synced it to, being this phone is new it hasn't been connected to iTunes at all yet and won't be recognized no matter what I do. It tells me to allow access via the phone but nothing pops up because its stuck on slide to upgrade. screen, I just wa

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:29 AM

6 replies

Oct 9, 2015 9:52 AM in response to Nickyds

Ensure you are using an Apple USB cable. Try a different USB port. If you have a different computer that has or can download iTunes, see if it shows up on that computer. Reinstall iTunes to ensure the correct Mobile Device drivers are installed. It is very rare that this circumstance will happen. You iPhone recognizes it's been plugged in otherwise it would not insert into recovery mode, so we know you are getting power from the USB connection, but if it's a 3rd party USB cable the sync service connection may not be intact (this happens often). Other than that, your USB port is obviously not communicating with iTunes that a device is connected allowing the recovery mode driver to be initiated. This can either be a USB specific issue or it can be a drive issue. Following those steps previously mentioned should help you narrow it down.

Iphone 6s slide to upgrade bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.