Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Star Wars Battlefront, AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Software, Apple Boot Camp, DirectX Error

I am running a Bootcamp Windows 7 partition on my 2011 Macbook Pro. Yesterday I downloaded the Star Wars Battlefront Beta from Origin and installed it on my Windows install. I had to take the following steps to get the game all the way to the "Press Enter to Play" screen. Then it failed.

1) From Mac install, update Bootcamp Driver to most recent.

2) Then in Win install (space was an issue for me) Download the AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta driver. This is the newest version which updated the driver from it's previous Memory Leak Error.

3) Start the game - I get music, and glorious Tie fighters strafing the screen, then it says to press enter to play.

This is where the game locks up and I get a verbose DirectX crashed error message.

The AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 update info says this update is not for Bootcamp installs, so no wonder why the issue. But that's never stopped me from trying. Obviously I was able to get to this point, the instructions above of course ignore all the trial and error that I had to go through in order to get the game to load.

The AMD page advises that Bootcamp folks contact Apple about this issue so here I am. Any ideas? Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:37 AM

1 reply

Star Wars Battlefront, AMD Catalyst 15.9.1 Beta Software, Apple Boot Camp, DirectX Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.