Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Terrible Sound Quality for certain types of Music.

I have a problem with the sound quality of music that I listen to. Music such as: electronic, indie-folk, hip-hop and ambient music do not experience this problem, but when I listen to music such as rock music, the sound quality is affected drastically. The guitars in the music that I'm listening to are abnormally quiet, and the bass is overbearing. I tried listening to the songs on my computer, using youtube and spotify, to see if the problem was at the fault of poor mixing of the music by the artists themselves, but the audio quality I received on my computer was almost perfect.

This either a serious problem with the audio on my Phone, or maybe i'm being way too picky.

Some background information,

I am using the iPhone 5C, which has been upgraded to IOS 9.0.2.

My preferred music streaming device is Spotify.

To test out this problem, I used Spotify (Mobile), Youtube (Mobile), Spotify (Desktop), Youtube (Desktop).

The headphones that I used to test this problem are SONY MDR-XB450 headphones and ****** Panasonic RP-HT41 headphones.

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:22 AM

2 replies

Terrible Sound Quality for certain types of Music.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.