Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot played purchased music on iPhone iOS 9.0.2, keeps asking to join Apple Music

I recently updated to the iOS 9.0.2 on my iphone and I'm having problem playing music that I'd previously purchased through itunes. When I go to click play on the album, which played previously, I now get a message stating, "Your Apple Music membership has expired. Renew your membership from the View Apple ID section of your account settings." The album in question, Dr. Dre's "Compton: A Soundtrack", was purchased a number of months ago from iTunes. Thanks for the help.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:01 AM

1 reply

Oct 14, 2015 10:30 AM in response to FelipeAZ

I'm having the same issue, though I'd like to clarify that I've NEVER used Apple Music, nor utilized the free trial whatsoever. I'm only having this issue with music from one album. I purchased a selection of songs from Powerwolf's "Bible of the Beast", and cannot play any of them. However, recently purchased songs from two other Powerwolf albums play fine on my iPhone 5S.

Cannot played purchased music on iPhone iOS 9.0.2, keeps asking to join Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.