Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently switched from 5s to 6s Plus and most of my pictures in my texts/imessages are showing up as grey box with a question mark in it. I need my pics back.

I recently switched from a 5s to a 6s Plus and most of my pictures in my texts/imessages are showing up as grey box with a question mark in it. When i click on the grey box my Messages app crashes. I need my pics back. I'm currently running iOS 9.0.2. The pics are displaying just fine on my old 5s. Is there anyway to get them transferred to my 6s Plus without wiping and restoring from a back up that's almost 2 weeks old?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:33 AM

There are no replies.

I recently switched from 5s to 6s Plus and most of my pictures in my texts/imessages are showing up as grey box with a question mark in it. I need my pics back.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.