Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help about phone

I have one problem , I bought a phone that is pre- purchased in Canada.
I am from Serbia , when I wanted to turn on the phone looking for my original card activation ,
because you can not activate your phone until the unlock you can not know if it's locked in icloud , I learned that I can check via IMEI, this is the answer

User uploaded file

Can you tell me what this means , whether or not there icloud?

iPhone 5s, null

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:57 AM

17 replies

Oct 9, 2015 2:14 PM in response to deggie

SIM NOT VALID

The sim card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not

supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server.

This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone.

Please insert another SIM cardfrom a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlocked

be your carrier. Please contact apple for more information.

Oct 9, 2015 2:18 PM in response to mm2707

Your phone is locked to some cell provider, probably one in Canada. You can either call Apple and find out who the phone is locked to or call the seller and ask them. You would then have to find out what the cell provider's unlock policy is and see if you qualify. Personally I would return the iPhone to the seller and get your money back.

I need help about phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.