Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari Extensions Install Now button not displaying.

What would prevent the Safari Extensions Install Now button from displaying?

2.93 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:51 PM

It is not in the Safari extensions list anymore. Uninstall it when it is still in Safari/Preferences/Extensions.

11 replies

Oct 12, 2015 3:38 PM in response to David Yarema

Yes, you have to completely uninstall Norton (Symantec), because in a mac it is very counterproductive and causes issues.

In hundred of threads here you can find that.

If you really must have an Antivirus, demanded by the organisation where you work, download ClamXav from the Appstore, and do manual scans when you feel like it.

Getting rid of all the drab that Norton leaves on your mac, is not very easy.

Get started here:

https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v64924250_EndUserProf ile_en_us

Lex

Oct 12, 2015 9:17 AM in response to Lexiepex

Thank you! This is very helpful. I only needed it to remove a few worse culprits. First virus I've had in 20 years. I had a pretty good run:) I was aware of Norton's annoyances. I'm going to remove it. It was a situation where I had to choose the "lesser of the evils". I'll check out ClamXav. The ability to run manual scans is very appealing.

Safari Extensions Install Now button not displaying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.