Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removing channels from News app

Is there any way to remove or edit channels on the News app? Sorry if it is the wrong section, closest I could find.

iPhone 6, Other OS

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:25 AM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:30 AM in response to kali4nia85

No, I was aware of that. I mean that before I looked at any "channels" via search I had nothing in the "For You" section of News. Now that I did look at an article it's been populated with articles from that channel, even though I was only poking around News and I want to remove that channel so I only get stuff I'm interested in.

Oct 9, 2015 10:45 AM in response to EamonC

OMG. I see what you mean. I've never used the News app before until now. So yes, I see that even when you delete favorites those old favorites show up in "For You".

After adding new "Favorites" the "For You" news now has only articles from those sources, but if you switched an hour ago you would still have news from the old sources 61 minutes ago. So I think if you just add your new sources it should populate with only those new sources from now on.

Oct 9, 2015 10:48 AM in response to kali4nia85

Thank you. It's stupid there isn't a way to edit what it shows me in any way other than adding more. Once Apple lets us delete apps News is going to be gone. I only used it out of curiosity, now I have everything turned off for it so I don't get any possible notifications from content I don't care about. Sigh...

If anyone else knows of a way to actually edit the "For You" part of News, feel free to respond though.

Removing channels from News app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.