Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

gray field with 0:00 blocking message field

I can't see what I'm typing in my message field because a gray bubble with 0:00 in it is blocking my view in messages. Turning off Character count in settings made it disappear. We need an update fix. Started happening in IOS 9.

iPhone 4S, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:30 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 1:10 PM in response to wirenut31

Extremely annoying, isn't it? I have encountered this several times too with iOS 9.0.2 on the iPhone 6, and checking my Settings->Messages I noted that the "Character Count" is already disabled. Thus far (knock on wood) to clear this bug I have terminated the Messages app by double-clicking the home button and then swiping the Messages app upward. Upon re-launching the Messages app, the offending gray bar would be gone. Hopefully this mitigation tactic will continue to work until Apple provides a fix.

gray field with 0:00 blocking message field

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.