Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Website kills my internet connection

Ok, I know this sounds cracy, but whenever I visit kayak.com through Firefox, my internet connection gets killed (it works through IE). The Wifi breaks down for 2 minutes and then comes back up. And its down not only for my computer but for every device connected. It started a few days ago, and it is 100% reproduceable. I have an Apple Wifi router connected to my DSL router. I found others having the same issue, e.g. website kills internet connection , but no solution....

Windows 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:13 AM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 4:47 PM in response to StandardUser123

Is the ADSL modem working as router and the airport bridged?? If that is the case it has nothing to do with the airport and everything to do with the router..

Could be the website be hijacked.. ??

Something in the website is changing proxy settings for instance on the browser. This is entirely possible to do.. it can also infect a PC with a virus.. doing that to a Mac is a lot harder.. but maybe changing a number is possible.. like DNS or proxy.

Talk to your ISP as they might be able to find routing issues.

Bridge your modem and use PPPOE client on the apple router and see what that does.

Some modem routers running linux are vulnerable to hijacking as well. Check the firmware of your modem and download an update.. this is only important when the dsl modem is running as router.

Website kills my internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.