Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New message 'moving calendars to server account' won't go away

I don't get it. iCal has worked so well for me for years, and now suddenly and for no apparent reason, I'm getting this error message, 'moving calendars to server account' for no apparent reason, and it makes the app utterly unusable. I've tried turning it off and on in System Preferences, no luck. Why is this happening? I recently did the upgrade to El Capitan. What can I do to stop it? I'm using the cloud service on all my devices, but losing access on my main computer is a total drag.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:01 AM

Rick,

Backup your iCloud Calendars, and disconnect from the internet.

Quit Calendar, then paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 7:01 AM in response to therickster

Rick,

Backup your iCloud Calendars, and disconnect from the internet.

Quit Calendar, then paste this text ~/Library into the Finder Menu>Go>Go to Folder...window and select "Go." This will open the Users Library Folder.

Then open the Calendars Folder which is in that Library Folder, and move any any files with "Cache" listed in the name field to your Desktop.

Next open the Preferences Folder in that same Library Folder and move the com.apple.iCal.plist file to the Desktop.

Log out/in or restart and open Calendar.

User uploaded file

New message 'moving calendars to server account' won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.