Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why do I have typing delays in my Appleworks and spinning ball

I am experiencing typing delays in my Appleworks 6+ program. This just began bugging me a few months ago.

I also have little spin balls.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 13, 2015 9:52 PM

You have run into the most complained about bug in AppleWorks 6 - known as the "Recent Items bug" - & has been around since AppleWorks 6 was released in March, 2000. Take a look at these user tips by Dale Gillard - AppleWorks slow? Spinning ball appears? and Recent items not visible/updated.

I haven't need to use this answer for many years. I did check & the links to the user tips still work.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 13, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Wrennette

You have run into the most complained about bug in AppleWorks 6 - known as the "Recent Items bug" - & has been around since AppleWorks 6 was released in March, 2000. Take a look at these user tips by Dale Gillard - AppleWorks slow? Spinning ball appears? and Recent items not visible/updated.

I haven't need to use this answer for many years. I did check & the links to the user tips still work.

why do I have typing delays in my Appleworks and spinning ball

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.