Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select a group of emails to send to another folder eg spam.

IVe just bought an iMac. How do I select a group of emails to send to another folder . Eg spam

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:53 AM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 3:07 PM in response to Nanniecarol

Hello Nanniecarol,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I see you are looking for a way to manage your emails. There are many ways that you can accomplish this task. Two of those are using rules and Smart Folders. I have provided links to articles for each of those.

Mail (Yosemite): Use rules to manage your inbox

OS X Yosemite: Create or modify a Smart Folder

If you have more specific questions after looking these over, please let us know and we can address them for you.

Cheers

Oct 11, 2015 10:09 PM in response to Nanniecarol

If you want to use a manual means of selection -

1) You can select a group of messages which are contiguous (in neighboring sequence in the list) by clicking on the first one and then holding down the Shift key while clicking on the lasr one in the sequence.

2) You can also select a group of non-contiguous (not touching) messages: click on one of the messages you want in the group, then hold down the Command key (the key with the cloverleaf and/or Apple symbol on it) and click on each of the other messages you want to include.

If you have a long list, you can use a combination of 1 and 2 to create a large group.

Note - these actions also work in Finder when when grouping files and/or folders.

How to select a group of emails to send to another folder eg spam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.