Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are MacBook Pro Retina's only affected by Staingate, or MB Airs too?

I would like to get a newer MacBook Pro 13", or possibly a maxed-out MacBook Air …. but have REAL concerns after reading all the issues the Retina's are having with "staingate"! Since the 13" MacBook Air is not a "retina" display …. do the 13" 2014/2015 MacBook Air's suffer from the same display "staining" as so many of the MacBook Pro retina's do?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Apple TV, iPhone 4S

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:22 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 1:52 PM in response to CMCSK

That "place" … would be The Apple Store, or Apple Online "refurbished" …. however, when I called the 800 number for Apple (regarding their "refurbished" MacBook models showing possible "staingate" issues), I got transferred to THREE separate higher and higher level Apple Tech's, who eventually said "Sorry, we can't talk about that". So therefore, I turned to the Apple support community hoping for a better answer.

I can't blame Apple for towing the "corporate line" ….. I probably would too, at least until I had time to test the issue/problem in more detail, or if it became a real PR issue worth offering a free Applecare fix!

Are MacBook Pro Retina's only affected by Staingate, or MB Airs too?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.