Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just installed iOS 9.0.2 and iBooks messed up ally PDFs are in the PDFs folder as well as my catorgories. Previously PDFs folder/ shelf only contained newly downloaded PDFs, so I knew what was new. Now it is just a total mess, which idiot decided to

just upgraded to ios9.0.2, which I hadn't as has messed up iBooks, my PDFs shelf now has all my PDFs visible. I only want as previous iOS versions allowed any newly downloaded PDFs in here which I would then move to my catorgories. Why has Apple done this, is there any I can empty my PDFs self without deleting them from their catorgories. I will be off to the Apple Store to vent some spleen. If any one knows how to fix would love to know.

iPad 2, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:53 AM

6 replies

Oct 10, 2015 12:11 AM in response to Tango235

It's been like that since iOS 8.4, the PDFs collection is now a way of seeing all of your PDFs in the one-place - when you 'move' a PDF into one of your own collections you aren't creating a second copy of it, so if you delete the PDF from the PDFs collection it will also be deleted from the collection that you 'moved' it into. If you want to know why it's like that you will have to ask Apple, as far as I know they haven't said it.

If you want to leave feedback for Apple : http://www.apple.com/feedback/

Oct 10, 2015 11:25 AM in response to King_Penguin

Many thanks for the reply, I didn't update to ios 8.4 as worried about changes like this happening, thought I should upgrade to government cyber streetwise campaign. Have now read ios8.4 complaints and see it looks like it is hear to stay. Typical Apple if organised uncool, keeping things messy is the way to go. Thanks once again for your help, will now complain directly to apple

Just installed iOS 9.0.2 and iBooks messed up ally PDFs are in the PDFs folder as well as my catorgories. Previously PDFs folder/ shelf only contained newly downloaded PDFs, so I knew what was new. Now it is just a total mess, which idiot decided to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.