Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

administrator system no access to personal files

Hi everyone,

I have a very specific problem and I will try to be as much as detailed to make it clear.

My mac is 10.9.5 version and few days ago it wasn't accepting my user password, the one I was using the last year and a half. And yes I checked the caps locks and they were not active.

I followed those steps in order to recover my account:

By turning on my Mac I pressed Com+R and I went to the terminal where I entered resetpassword+return and then I had choose the user account. Since I didn't find my personal account I chose the System administrator account and I reset a new password. When I accessed the System Administrator account (root) I realized I couldn;t find my files there or any of the softwares that I had downloaded.

I thought that through the System administrator I would be able to handle my personal...

Any idea what I can do now. Is there any hope or should start thinking that I lost my files???

Thank you

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), user password

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 2:05 PM

There are no replies.

administrator system no access to personal files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.